Sunday, March 8, 2009

We Are All Part of the Body

My new Tassie pastor, Dan Shepheard, preached on The Body recently. I think that if a church, if my church, can understand this rightly, then it will result in a godly attitude amongst the sending church (Crossroads), the missionary (me) and the receiving church (?, somewhere in Latin America).

You need to listen to


I think that understanding the body helps bridge the natural distance we feel when people are physically far away. And I think that understanding the body helps correct false ideas about missionaries' roles and person (eg that they're doing something more worthy than everyone else or that they're more spiritual than everyone else). And I think that understanding the body empowers everyone to wholeheartedly and joyfully support everyone else, whatever their role.

0 comments: