Thursday, March 27, 2014

30

What is faith in Jesus Christ?
Faith in Jesus Christ is acknowledging the truth of everything that God has revealed in his Word, trusting in him, and also receiving and resting on him alone for salvation as he is offered to us in the gospel. (Galatians 2:20) (from here)

Thank you for giving me faith, Lord. So many times I see intelligent people completely misunderstanding the cross, returning to that old idea of good behaviour. Sometimes they get it - and nothing changes, it has zero effect on their lives. Thank you for lifting the veil from my eyes and heart so I recognised the truth of what was said and was willing to bank my life on it. You gave me the gift and you opened my hands to receive it. My life would be other had you not stepped in - my death too.

Thank you for your mercy. Thank you that the security of my faith is my trust in him, no matter how fervant or faltering that trust might be. Yet please help it grow strong as I know him more. Give me this too. The gift, the open hands, the eager embrace.

0 comments: