Wednesday, March 5, 2014

25

Does Christ's death mean all our sins can be forgiven?
Yes, because Christ’s death on the cross fully paid the penalty for our sin, God graciously imputes Christ’s righteousness to us as if it were our own and will remember our sins no more. 
(2 Corinthians 5:21) (from here)

Maybe I'm going to do something terrible, or in anger, say something destructively cruel. Maybe my heart will soften and I will be horrified at my ordinary wrongs. Whatever it is, you received its exact punishment on the cross. That time when I thought that my negligence might have played a part in someone's death, and saw that with my confession, I might lose all, I remembered the murderer Moses, that there was forgiveness even for that and a place for him. Help me to appreciate how this is amazing. Help me praise you for your justice and for the completeness of your generous love. In my security, let me marvel and exclaim that I am secure.

Thank you that you came to earth to be punished for every last piece of evil, becoming all the wicked things though you were pure. And now you are raised up and I bow before you, smiling with relief and joy, my Lord and my King.

0 comments: