Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How I Know my Religion has the Answers

Because Jesus says it does; he says he does.

Because as well as being God, Jesus was a man, and his place and actions in history can be proved or disproved. We can check his claims and his trustworthiness.

Because when I read the Bible it all adds up – life as I know it, in its goodness and awfulness. It is described and explained and my questions are answered.

Because when I read the Bible my heart is convinced as well as my head.

Because once I believe, I feel God’s nearness and I see his work in my character and in my life.

4 comments:

mike said...

I enjoyed reading that... :)

Yvonne said...

i read your blog today

Alan said...

i blogged your read today :) (in a sort of way :P)
It was cool to re-meet you on monday nght, and I am truly appreciating your blog.. :-)
You are in my prayers Fiona..
Your Brother in the Love of Christ,
Alan Reader

fional said...

Thanks for your encouragement and prayers Alan. That's a great help to me. I thank God for your zeal :-)