Monday, August 8, 2011

Dora and heaven

When I was visiting a friend last Monday, she had to go comfort her little girl weeping in her bedroom. She was upset because one of her best friends, her teddy Dora, won't be going to heaven. Now while I've come to terms with leaving Big Ted behind, I can still relate to how she was feeling. I hope to get married one day and the knowledge that there will be no marriage in heaven has always troubled me.

What my friend told her little girl is what I need to hear when I worry that good things will be missing in heaven.
Heaven is a real place, just as real as Hobart and it's going to be a good place. It's going to be perfect! And God knows you and loves you very much and he will look after you in heaven and you will be very happy.


H/T Nikki

2 comments:

Mikey Lynch said...

thanks for relaying this little theological nugget of wisdom.... especially because it is also relaying a little taste of the family life I am so missing while overseas.

My poor little girl :-( I can't wait to be back to see everyone on Sunday.

Thanks for paying them all a visit!

fional said...

She was really very upset :( but she settled down once Nikki had told this to her.

No worries, it was a delight.