Wednesday, April 2, 2014

32

What do justification and santification mean?
Justification means our declared righteousness before God, made possible by Christ’s death and resurrection for us. Sanctification means our gradual, growing righteousness, made possible by the Spirit’s work in us. (1 Peter 1:1-2) (from here)

We are perfect in you. Knowing this, we strive to live out who we are, having our very selves changed by you. It's radical and profound and I am well-accustomed to it. Yet my life betrays how feeble is my actual faith - the anxiety, worry, stress, pressure, and striving I live by show I doubt my perfection and the security I have in you. I strive for my sanctification with more than a glad, grateful confidence and a serious purpose. Forgive me, Lord. Thank you for the people who have helped me to - at last - see this about myself. Give me the assurance I lack - of your goodness, power, and trustworthiness and my security in you. Help me ever strive, but as your beloved child. Have mercy on me.

0 comments: