Thursday, April 3, 2014

33

Should those who have faith in Christ seek their salvation through their own works, or anywhere else?
No, they should not, as everything necessary to salvation is found in Christ.To seek salvation through good works is a denial that Christ is the only Redeemer and Savior. (Galatians 2:16) (from here)

Thank you, Lord - I might doubt your desire and power to work in the world and be endlessly worried that I'm not serving as I should, but on this most basic of beliefs I do okay. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for assuring me that I am saved and safe only because of Him. Thank you, Lord, that it is so and that I know it to be so. That you did it all, leaving nothing, nothing for me. That on the cross it was done.

Thank you that in those times when I feel like I'm not good enough to approach you, that that is exactly what you died for - for people not good enough to approach you. That in those moments I don't need to - I should not - first improve myself and then draw close. That I can and must simply kneel at your feet and receive forgiveness. Thank you, Lord, that these times don't come as a surprise to you, but they have been provided for - that there is no sin that falls outside of what you brought to pass, hanging there.

There is nothing else; there is no other hope; we do not even have hope in ourselves. Praise you that it is all in you. All!

0 comments: