Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holidays

I love holidays. The underlying tenor of relief has lasted six days now - and I didn't even think it was that difficult a year. I have worked really hard though and each year brings various challenges. Bible College World is a funny place to be, but tremendously useful and I thank God for his grace and faithfulness in it all.

Here's some of my more interesting holiday plans (I also have to do things like get a new driver's licence and - erm - do my tax):

  • Buy another shrub for the front garden so no-one can tell when the grass is long.
  • Actually write poems so I can tell people what it is I write.
  • Learn Spanish. Find out what happens with Maria and the extraño.
  • Read about the Trinity, liberalism and women pastors.
  • Write a Bible college newsletter in a fresh new genre.
  • Get into the habit of reading a bit of the Bible in Hebrew or Greek.
  • Read a friend's book and play.
  • Cook an extravagent meal for Bible study.
  • Read a friend's hip-hop blog.
  • Listen to albums on itunes and dream about which ones to buy.
  • Listen to sermons on work.
  • Buy some beautiful shiny cooking bowls from the cooking wholesaler in Surrey Hills.
  • Take photos around Sydney.
  • Go to the park on the other side of the harbour from Pier One/Two/Three.
  • Do harbour walks.
  • Go op-shopping.
  • Swim at Sydney's beaches.

Oh, and blog more regularly.

We'll see.

1 comments:

Alistair Bain said...

Sounds absolutely awesome.