Sunday, November 8, 2009

The living's easy

Sometimes I'm good with people, but sometimes I get shy and find it hard to talk to them . . . and sometimes I talk, but keep myself back out of distrust. Still other times I'm trying hard to impress and not really being myself.

So I've prayed that I will share myself with people, and put them first. I like it when God answers this prayer because then I'm a little more like Jesus, the relationships are a little more like they will be in heaven and I'm more myself than at any other time. Too much time spent worrying over your image or fears turns you into a caricature of your true self. If, by God's grace, you can forget these things, then the living's easy - you have only to be the woman or man God made you to be.

2 comments:

Mikey Lynch said...

Great post, Fi.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

As the old hymn says, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face and the things of EArth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glorious face." So true, so true!