Monday, March 7, 2011

One thing times four

I've often gone away from Bible studies feeling a little foggy. I know I learned stuff and I can even remember some of it (not insignificant with a memory like mine), but I'm not sure what I should be bringing away from it. Now, because I believe that the Bible transforms people even as they take it in, this isn't actually a huge concern for me, but still...

In the last few weeks I've begun discipling some women (read: mentoring and teaching about life and spiritual matters), and I decided to have a go at each of us writing down one thing the passage taught us about God, people and the world and one thing we will change in the next week. It's been great. It's allowed us to have a detailed, free-form discussion about the passage for as long as we want, but then to focus our thinking at the end. Try it - you like it.

0 comments: