Monday, February 21, 2011

Family

My church has three different services, one of which is called 'House', because it's held in people's houses.* I go to 'South House'. Bet you can't guess how it got its name. Yesterday near the start of the service and before the kids had gone out for Sunday School, the leader got us to break off into small groups and pray. I was sitting with some friends and someone's boy, so I asked if he would join our group. It was a really special moment, with adults and kids taking it in turn to pray. I guess this is what happens in families all the time, but for me it felt even more special because, in one way it was so random, yet in another way its very randomness highlighted the fact that we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.


* The other services are: 'Classic', which is as it sounds; and 'Tuesday Crossroads' (or 'Toilet Block Tuesday' - makes sense when you see the venue), which is a low-fi, hard-hitting service aimed primarily at uni students.

0 comments: