Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Be responsible for your people; don't be responsible for your people / 2

What is God? 
God is the creator and sustainer of everyone and everything. He is eternal, infinite, and unchangeable in his power and perfection, goodness and glory, wisdom, justice, and truth. Nothing happens except through him and by his will. (Psalm 86:8-10 & 15) (from here)


God, now that I have been reminded a little of who you are - or much, but can only understand a little - it is strange that I may address you. You who are infinite (and eternal and unchangeable) in power and perfection, goodness and glory, wisdom, justice, and truth, why do you trouble yourself with me? Yet you do and have done most incredibly. You have loved, and loved me, as no-one else has ever loved or ever will. Your death for me so ground-breaking that it is now the definition of love. By that one deed we may understand what love is, though we will never understand. You are the one God, perfect and limitless in your goodness and power, the God who troubles himself with every thing and every passing moment under the sun. And you will, and you do, trouble yourself with 'my women', for they are yours. A thousand thousand times better than me, you know their hearts and lives, their ugly failures and beautiful triumphs. Everything is okay. They are in your care.

0 comments: