Monday, January 27, 2014

Be responsible for your people; don't be responsible for your people / 7

What does the law of God require?
Personal, perfect, and perpetual obedience; that we love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength; and love our neighbor as ourselves.What God forbids should never be done and what God commands should always be done. (Matthew 22:37-40) (from here)

We love because you first loved us. We love because you taught us what love is, because love is who you are and apart from you a thing we would never have imagined. This is your law - to love, to love you, and to love our neighbour. It is from this place of loving you that we act to please you, not because we are coldly enamored with duty or because we are scared. This is amazing. This is what is not understood.

Fill me with this wholehearted, integral love which I have but feebly. Forgive me for when I neither feel nor think nor live this way. Help me help my women to see that this is what you ask, this is what you pardon, it is what you give. May they grow in this love in every fibre of their being, even as I do.
Amen and amen

0 comments: