Monday, October 31, 2011

TV as blessing

It was my habit to watch TV most evenings. I was tired - I wanted to sit down and not think. I wanted to find out what was happening in the lives of my screen-buddies. But it stopped me getting things done, made me tired the next day and pushed out any chance for creativity. Hence the new regime...

If I feel tired at the end of the day, I'm to have a nap, get up and embrace the evening.
I can watch TV, but only over dinner or for a favourite show.
I can watch boxsets, but the characters' lives must not take over my own.
My evenings can be humble and mundane - they can be for errands and housework - but they must be owned and lived.

2 comments:

Felicity said...

Very Inspiring Fiona :-)

I am currently in the process changing my TV habits and using it as entertainment on my terms.

fional said...

Thanks Felicity, I've let things slip in the last while but I'm pleased to say that it's been a conscious choice - it's the end of the year, I'm running out of steam, and I *feel* like watching crummy TV. It's great to know that I don't *have* to watch TV though, and sometimes I don't. Best wishes for the changes you are making too.