Monday, February 10, 2014

15

Since no one can keep the law, what is its purpose?
That we may know the holy nature and will of God, and the sinful nature and disobedience of our hearts; and thus our need of a Savior. The law also teaches and exhorts us to live a life worthy of our Savior. (Romans 3:20) (from here)

I try to follow your ways, Lord, and when I do, it is a blessing to me. In the reading and doing of it, I learn more of who you are, of your loveliness and grandeur. I know what you would have me do and I know where I go awry and what I have to repent of. I need your forgiveness or I am damned. In these ways, your Law is my life. Without it I would flounder in the dark and think it day. Thank you for making me dismay and for giving me hope, for forgiving and empowering me. Life's still a crazy, messed-up thing, but it's a million times better than before and I know I can trust you, the God of these fine laws. May I ever marvel and tremble before you, Lord. Humble me and lift me up and keep my feet walking the good paths. Amen.

0 comments: