Tuesday, February 11, 2014

16

What is sin?
Sin is rejecting or ignoring God in the world he created, rebelling against him by living without reference to him, not being or doing what he requires in his law—resulting in our death and the disintegration of all creation. (1 John 3:4) (from here)

Sin is my shame and my pleasure, Lord. I have done and thought ugly things and not done good because I chose to ignore or reject you. And even now I follow in that path - because I like it and I think I know best. I show myself a fool because it is you who are good and wise, and I do best when I follow you. Forgive me and change me, Lord, for I am lost without you, a dumb punk rewriting rules that were beautifully set, raging against an authority to whom I owe my existence, who gives me my every breath, and who does all to bless me. Make me see how evil and perverted and ugly is my sin. Let me not brush over some 'small' rejection of you. Make me your happy, gladly-trusting servant and child. Make me a woman of God, lovely and strong and weak. Let me love you and have no god apart from you, not even myself. Amen and amen.

0 comments: