Monday, February 24, 2014

21

What sort of Redeemer is needed to bring us back to God?
One who is truly human and also truly God. (Isaiah 9:6) (from here)

(Yay! Blue!)

For now I don't have to understand why this is: I have only to trust that a God-man was our one hope. You knew this and you did it, and I am grateful. You became what we are, fragile and battered by myriad things outside our control. You became subject to the things you had created. One day you were wholly, truely and only GOD, sitting and ruling over all in glory; the next you took on humanity, starting off as a voiceless, vulnerable foetus tucked inside a young mum. I don't understand it, but I know that because of your self-humbling I am lifted up, and without it I would still be wandering around in my arrogance and unhappiness, unwilling to listen to you until that day when I would be made to bow the knee and would hate you for it.

0 comments: